Turnaround Time

I ordered a fireplace insert part from ibuystores.com because they told me the part was IN STOCK and would be delivered in FOUR DAYS.I could have ordered it elsewhere for less money but needed it ASAP.

It has now been almost three weeks and I have not received the part. I contacted CS twice by phone and by email. They did not respond to my last email. They told me when I called again that it is backordered, and would be at least another week.

So up until this last call they kept promising me the part would be delivered in a couple days from when I inquired, and never stated before this that the part was not in stock but was backordered.The CS department therefore lied to me and will never order from them again.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Misinformation about part availability.

Comments

iBuyStores
iBuyStores Verified Representative

We are sorry for the delays experienced with products orders related to the HHT Fireplace Company.They are the ones who bought up Vermont Castings, Majestic and Century heating and their lead times even on stock items is very disappointing.

We are suggesting to customers considering buying older model stoves and fireplaces to consider other brands to avoid long lead times such as this. This has been an ongoing issue for the past 3 years and it still has not been streamlined at their Canadian facility. We try to keep their most common items in stock in our US warehouse to avoid their long delays. Unfortunately we can only trust in the lead time they give to us and relay them to the customer as the information comes in hoping it is accurate.

10 - 14 days is their average, but we have seen as much as 4 - 6 weeks once the winter months set in and demand is high.

We emailed you on 02/05/18 with an order update and a request if you wanted to cancel, but got no response. We would have gladly refunded you in full so you can obtain these parts from a location that has one available. We had tried to call you to see how you would like to proceed since we are not sure if you are getting our emails. Since there is only about 30 of these parts left on the planet, we are all forced to get them from the place they remain left over from the buyout.

We can only relay to our customers what HHT tells us in real time. We have no reason (financially) on an $80 part to misinform you or lie about lead time. We want out customers to have heat and get their fireplace products running in a timely fashion and if we cannot get what they need a prompt refund and even other source to get it is what we offer.

The GOOD NEWS is your order did finally arrive in the USA and did ship to you on 02/14/18 and a tracking number was emailed as well for your review.

We STRONGLY encourage all customers with Vermont Castings and Majestic fireplaces to check to see if any parts are needed before next winter in fear that decreased stock levels and long availability times will leave them stranded without heat next season with no way to fix their stoves.

We are open daily from 9am - 5:30pm EST 888-333-0339 so please feel free to contact us with any questions thanks!